Self has liked the other movies in this franchise. But this one — well, let her list the ways:
- The lack of chemistry between the two leads is never more apparent.
- Dakota Johnson’s flat, affectless voice, while perfect for the role, is really annoying once she gets everything her heart desires. And, oh wow, someone is stalking her but she’s sooo ready for flirting. And sex. And romance!
- There is no ending.
- What is with Christian Grey’s brother’s affair? It’s a red herring.
- Marcia Gay Harden has a small scene.
- clothes, Anastasia’s
- lipstick, Anastasia’s
- Self didn’t hate it enough to walk out.