Poor, dear, silly Spring, preparing her annual surprise!
— Wallace Stevens, quoted in The Daily Post
Yesterday was self’s first walk to the lake in over a month. It’s but a five or 10-minute walk at the most. But self has been busy, and the weather’s been unpredictable.
Yesterday, Esther came to change the sheets. So self took advantage of the break to go out of her cottage. And the first thing she noticed was: close by the cottages, there were suddenly so many flowers! (Has it really been that long since she took a walk? Apparently, it has! Surprise!)
Self had a lovely walk. Spring has truly arrived!
Here are some other beautiful spring shots:
- from megakaodesigns, shots of a waterfall in a garden (Water and gardens go together like white on rice!)
- from What’s (In) the Picture?, fields of tulips
- from Pastries, Pics & Politics, Coney Island in April
- from The Dreamer, a surprise gift from The Body Shop
- from Hugh’s Views & News, a haiku prompted by a view from a hotel in Wales
Stay tuned, dear blog readers. Stay tuned.