- Here hunger seized a hideous, stare-blind creature, speeding over a meadow. There was famine in the village. The grass was scant. The milk that streamed from the udders of the villagers’ cows was thin and poor.
- And from that day, the King of Spain was never troubled by visits from the lands of dark-skinned peoples.
- She said, “On the night of the next full moon, stand by the lake, and the door to the hillside will open.”
- The moonlight seemed to strike a path straight to his sorrowing heart.
- The King intoned: “As for your threats against my people, know that they do not want for courage.”
3 responses to “Work-in-Progress: Various Fables”
Great post! Love the photo!
Thank you! Someone told me there’s a ghost wandering about, but — probably just a story, lol
LikeLiked by 1 person
Welcome! Maybe there is one.