KulArts is seeking Filipino family photos (1980 or earlier) for possible inclusion in the Kodakan Exhibition at the San Francisco Public Library, October 2013.
From the official announcement:
Kodakan is our picture-taking project, where artists are playfully exploring the changing expressions of Pilipino cultural identity. By using vintage family photos and inspired recreations, we conceptualize the Pilipino American narrative and examine perceptions of what/who is Pilipino.
KulArts is most interested in photos that reflect the following themes:
- Love/Romance (couples, engagement photos, photos sent home to a prospective bride, etc)
- Pilipinos at Play: casual social settings (at play, eating out, on the street)
- Pilipinos at Work (in uniform, on the job, etc)
- Music (professional or amateur)
- Exploring San Francisco (with obvious city sites/landmarks or views of the city)
- Veteranos & Pilipino “warriors” (Veterans, activists, escrima/ martial arts fighters, etc.)
Here’s a link to the KulArts announcement.
Stay tuned, dear blog readers. Stay tuned.