Self loves Kahlua. Ever since the mom of one of son’s friends gave self a big bottle for Christmas. She tried it with coffee, she tried it with milk, she tried it on the rocks — every which way tasted good.
It is the Friday before Labor Day, which must be why, at last night’s San Carlos Farmers Market, it took her 20 minutes to find a parking space. And today, at Marina Mart, same story. Grrrr!
Now, self is at home. Now, she can relax. For some reason, she has something called the “Kahlua Recipe Book.” It’s just a little pamphlet, very old (Self has no idea how this thing came into her possession). Leafing through the various recipes, she sees:
- Kahlua Black Russian (involves vodka, of course: Speaking of which, The Man has a humongous bottle of Ketel One just sitting there on the kitchen counter, next to the microwave. Must be lonely. Self must remember to keep it company)
- Kahlua Aggravation (Kahlua and Scotch: Speaking of which, self mailed, from Edinburgh, two bottles of whiskey. Each bottle was about a hundred dollars. Don’t ask about the mailing! Suffice it to say that the shipper in Edinburgh was so efficient, he even e-mailed self just to let her know that the whiskey had made it through customs, without being taxed! She got this e-mail while she was in Bonnyrigg Library. She nearly did a jig right there)
- Kahlua & Schnapps (Self has no Schnapps)
- Kahlua Brave Bull (Kahlua and Tequila: The Man does have about 1/4 glass of Hornitos Tequila left, he’d probably notice if that went missing)
- Kahlua Peanut Butter Fizz (Mix together in blender: 3 oz. milk with 1 1/2 oz. Kahlua, 1 scoop vanilla ice cream, 1 Tbsp. creamy peanut butter, and club soda. Hmmm, this sounds very like a Coke Float, only with peanut butter. Me like!)
There are also recipes for:
- Kahlua Stir-Fry Chicken
- Kahlua Paradise Chicken
- Kahlua Cornish Game Hens
- Kahlua Picadillo Filling
- Kahlua Baked Sole
- Kahlua Chicken & Ribs
- Kahlua Caramel Popcorn
- Kahlua Fantasy Chocolate Cheesecake
- Kahlua Fudge Brownies
- Kahlua Flan
Help! Help! Self is getting miiiighty hungry!
Stay tuned, dear blog readers. Stay tuned.